top of page

Family-Based Green card (IR, F1, F2, F3, F4)

U.S. immigration law allows for certain aliens who are family members of U.S. citizens or U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents to apply for U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. This is based on specific familial relationships. Note, that if you are the spouse or unmarried child of a U.S. citizen or parent of a U.S. citizen (who is 21 years old or older), you can apply for a Green Card as an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. 


The following are the family preference categories: 

First preference (F1): unmarried sons or daughters who are 21 years old or older of a U.S. citizen


Second preference (F2A): spouses or children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of a U,S. Lawful Permanent Resident 

Second preference (F2B): unmarried sons or daughters (21 years or older) of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident


Third preference (F3): married sons or daughters of a U.S. citizen 


Fourth preference (F4): The brothers or sisters (21 years old or older) of a U.S. citizen


For more information on your options and how to apply contact attorney Rebecca Carcagno at (734) 999-0360 or

bottom of page